European/Local Funds Manager (Closed)
Permit Number: 219/2023
Terms & Conditions
1.1 This appointment is subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months.
1.2 During this probationary period, selected officers will be given an induction course.
1.3 The annual salary attached to this position is that of €28,934 + COLA, which in 2023 is €514.80;
1.4 A selected candidate will enter into an assignment of thirty-six (36) months within a Regional Council, which assignment may be renewed for further periods. Unsatisfactory performance during the assignment period will lead to the termination of the assignment.
1.5 The Results will be valid for two (2) years from the date of publication.
2.1 Duties of these vacant positions may be viewed in Annex I attached to this Circular.
3.1 By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- 1 a. citizens of Malta; or
- b. citizens of other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- c. citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
- d. any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
- e. third-country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the “Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006” or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18(3) thereof, together with family members of such third-country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the “Family Reunification Regulations, 2007”; or
- f. in possession of a residence document issued in terms of the “Residence Status of United Kingdom Nationals and their Family Members in Malta in accordance with the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community Regulations”.
The advice of the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs within the Identity Malta Agency should be sought as necessary in the interpretation of the above provisions.
The appointment of candidates referred to at (b), (c), (d) and (e) above would necessitate the issue of an employment licence in so far as this is required by the Immigration Act and subsidiary legislation. Jobs plus should be consulted as necessary on this issue.
2. able to communicate in the Maltese language and English language; & have
European/Local Funds Manager:
- A Level 6 qualification with a minimum of 180 ECTS, or equivalent in any of the following areas, or similar – Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Banking, Finance, Accountancy, European Studies or Law; or
- Level 5 qualification with a minimum of 60 ECTS or equivalent in any of the following areas or similar – Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Banking, Finance, Accountancy, European Studies or Law, together with a related/relevant management track record of 5 years work experience in this sector; or
- 10 years of related/relevant management experience in Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Banking, Finance, Accountancy, European Studies or Law.
iv. Public Officers, employees in the Public Sector and employees in the Regional / Local Councils who apply for these positions must be confirmed in their current appointment.
3.2 Qualifications of a higher level than the one required above will be accepted for eligibility, provided that they are in the required subjects.
In addition, those candidates who have not yet formally obtained the above qualifications will still be considered, provided they submit evidence that they are in the final phase of their course leading to a such qualification. Appointees must obtain, or be approved, for awarding such qualification by the 31st of December 2023. If this stipulated deadline for the attainment of such qualification is not met, the appointment will be, for this reason, automatically terminated.
3.3 Applicants must be of proper conduct for the position being applied for. In the case of applicants already working in the Public Service, Public Sector or Regional / Local Councils, they must provide a Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47) or a related document, including any disciplinary action (the absence of such records, it is understood that no disciplinary action has ever been taken) & must be updated by the Director or Executive Secretary responsible for Human Resources where the applicants are currently serving. While those applying from outside a Public Entity must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Police or other competent authority not earlier than one (1) month before the date of application and state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details.
3.4 Selected candidates must be eligible for appointment in this grade, in accordance with 3.1 to 3.3 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also by the date of appointment.
3.5 Due consideration will be given to candidates who, in addition to the requirements listed in paragraphs 3.1 to 3.4 above, have relevant and proven work experience.
4.2 Applications must include:
Submission of Documentation
4.1 Applications should be sent in PDF format to the email address email@example.com by noon of Friday 18th of August 2023.
- An application letter including a section where the applicant states which vacancy, he/she is applying for;
- A Curriculum Vitae (which shall include the experience and the list of qualifications obtained by the applicant);
Applicants already working in the Public Service, Public Sector or Regional / Local Councils must provide a Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47) or related document, including paid / unpaid Leave and Sick Leave records for the last four years, including any records of any disciplinary action (in the absence of such records, it is understood that no disciplinary action has ever been taken) updated from the Director or Executive Secretary responsible for Human Resources where the applicants are currently serving. While those applying from outside a Public Entity must produce a Certificate of Conduct, which has been issued not earlier than one (1) month from the date of application and state if they have ever been in the Government Service and give all the relevant details.
iv. Certificates and/or documents demonstrating the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Original documents must, without any exception, be shown during the interview.
- Applications received after the closing date and time (i.e., late applications) will not be accepted.
Description of Duties
- Assisting the Regional/Local Councils in drawing up and formulating calls for tenders, with the collaboration of professional and technical persons where applicable;
- Providing administrative assistance in awarding grants to students for research on aspects related to the Region;
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders and assisting other officials as necessary;
- Following the policies and procedures of both the Regional Council and the Local Government Division for effective, efficient and expeditious performance;
- Compiling data and statistics, research and preparing reports and documents as necessary;
- Providing assistance to the administration of the Region on financial matters as well as assisting Local Councils in relation to grant opportunities from schemes offered both locally and internationally;
- Assisting in the preparation of progress reports and any other related projects as required;
- A progress/performance report shall be submitted to the Local Government Division every three months and not later than ten working days from the Regional Council meeting;
- Any other task according to the exigencies of the job and which the Executive Secretary may delegate to him/her as may be required.